The Pen

The Pen
The Power of Pen !!!

Saturday, August 1, 2009

d'spenexecuteseverything/ Friendship Day/ trust/ celebration/ commercial festive.html/2.08.2009

Friendship Day/ trust/ celebration/ commercial festive.html/2.08.2009

The first Sunday of August… it is once again the time to celebrate the Friendship Day… colourful bands will be tied by boys and girls… SMS and greeting cards will be exchanged… and few would even make those special calls… just to let the other know what friendship means to them. Some lost and some gained… the world is all about hope, trust and bonding. Yet, there will be many, who would reminisce how they have been deceived by their own trusted friends at various stages of life.

It is the Western influence that has taken our age-old tradition in today’s commercial world, where each day of the year is dedicated to a cause for commercial gains. Just a day to let your friends know that you are a true friend… what a logic my dear? 364 days of the year, you may stay away from your friend but just one day to know that friendship is all about wishing one another on the first Sunday of August… what a crap!

I have lost many friends during my growing up years and also I have made many new friends in my journey of life… some good, some bad but there will always be only a few (you may not even reach the fifth finger of one hand when you count your true friends), who have tested the sands of time from flowing from top to bottom. Irrespective of whether you are in good or bad times, they are always there like an invisible hand, supporting and enjoying and sharing every single moment of yours without really making their presence felt. They may not SMS, send greetings or else even call you on the first Sunday of August, yet, when you are in need, they emerge like a genie… always there to fulfill your needs.

A man is rich, if he has just few friends, who will always be there, irrespective of the various stages of life, good or bad… I have been blessed by several friends in various stages of my life, who have always been by my side to see me succeed in life… I really owe my success in life to my friends… who were there when I needed them; who are always there come what may and who will always be there… Friendship is a way of life!

No comments: